- Classes & Workshops
- Arts & Culture
About the experience Experience Duration : 6 hrs 30 mins Experience Summary:
I have always been inspired by nature whether it be landscape inspired or a floral in your garden. This one day art experience is designed to tap into your own creativity, we will work with the current season as our inspiration and I will invite you into my studio to create your own piece of art based around a particular inspiration... I will show you how... leave your art expectations at the door and lets see what happens - Exciting! Detailed description:
This all-day art studio experience is a great chance to welcome you into my art studio for the day...
- You can try out or brush up on your acrylic painting skills in a calm and welcoming environment and to paint your own Seasonal Painting.
- We start at 9.30 with a welcome to the studio, a coffee and a chat, whilst setting up our materials and introducing others in the group, numbers are limited to 6 maximum so I can spend plenty of time on your individual needs.
- Working on canvas or canvas board you will capture stunning seasonal colours and create your own painting based on the inspiration of the day...
- You'll have access to studio tools and materials (I have a lot!) so this will give you the opportunity to play with materials, creating a mixed media piece if you wish or one using purely acrylic.
- Guidance will be from me, Debs, reviews describe me as a friendly artist, I think because I love to teach as well as to paint. I'll show you some fantastic new techniques and answer any questions you might have - so you can focus on channelling your inner artist, enjoying the art and your day is what it is all about.
- Throughout the day refreshments will be provided and your all-day painting experience will have a short lunch break around 12.30. You will have time to get out and explore the quaint rural setting of Bradley with an option of joining the group at the Red Lion pub which is only next door... before returning to the studio feeling recharged and full of fresh inspiration.
- In the afternoon you'll add the finishing touches to your masterpieces and stand back to admire your own painting to take home for your wall together with some great new skills!
- Looking for an art workshop to enjoy with your friends? This workshop is a beginner-friendly experience and a great chance to get everyone involved in painting together.
- Knowledge required: Beginner-friendly but this workshop is also great for those who want to explore advanced techniques (let me know in advance as I work with individual needs and can gear the workshop with you in mind).
- This experience is great for individuals and couples as well as for a team building activity, birthday or a hen do.
- Suitable for adults, and children (minimum 12 years old). An adult must accompany any attending children, and must pay for a separate ticket.
- Although this experience is a treat and would make a lovely gift for her or him, gift for mum or dad, anniversary gift or birthday gift, it always touches me when my day is given as a present. I also find that many come back again and again as it is simply a great day out and they love the studio space, I love running them for that reason too. Hope to welcome you into the studio soon.
About the host
I'm Debs and I have been running classes, workshops, painting holidays and now art experiences since 2016. I am what they call self-taught as...
- I never dreamt of being an artist but I have always been creative and have a degree with music and creative writing. Sometimes it is difficult times that bring you to where you need to be and that's my story, if you wish to know more you'll find it on my site but that's why I started to paint, it's not what I want to share with you here...
- I have always been inspired by being in the landscape, I have run holidays where we paint outside, painting what is visually there but what I'm excited about and want to share is why I like to be out there, the feeling it gives me and that is why I am on my journey into abstraction.
- 'Creativity makes me smile, I feel lucky every day to be able to do what I do'
- And I want to share this with others. So if you're looking for a unique experience, a great day out exploring your own creativity, be my guest in the art studio for the day!
Places we'll visit
Your art experience is located in the Staffordshire, rural village of Bradley. It's at the very heart of this small village with it's Church and Pub at the very centre nestled in the centre of a conservation area between an old thatched cottage and the village hall. The pub is part of the Lewis Partnership chain and has been very good to us as far as parking is concerned, when you arrive you can park on their car park, (it's the same postcode ST18 9DZ) and find us behind the green gate in the wall (on the right as you enter the car park)
- They do great meals too and we always book a table for lunch though it's optional for you to join us, it does add to the experience.
- My home studio is welcoming with lots of light and I provide all day refreshments and access to my full range of equipment, all materials and tools that you need, it's a great opportunity to try out something new or ask any arty questions you may think of. I love my studio, you can see the building of it on my YouTube Channel!