- Arts & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Nature & Outdoor
About the experience Experience Duration : 1 hrs Detailed description:
Join us for an exciting and creative workshop that delves into the world of Joomchi, a traditional Korean art form that involves making textured paper using various materials. In this workshop, we will reimagine Joomchi by incorporating elements of memory and exploring how texture can evoke emotions and trigger personal recollections.
We will delve into the concept of texture as a language that speaks to us, connecting with our senses and preserving memories. We will experiment with different materials, techniques, and textures to create unique textured papers that hold personal meaning and stories.
Once you have your unique memory joomchi sheets, hand-crafted with patience and love, ready and waiting you can use them for so many creative products and projects.
To make a textured memory book
To make a journal cover
As a mount board/ matboard for photos or photo collages
Special book marks, Gift tags
Envelopes / Gift bags
Designer Paper to draw on
About the host
I’m a multi-disciplinary artist, and love to engage with folk/tribal art from across the world – wiPth a special focus on India. I design and conduct experiential workshops, giving a contemporary bent to heritage Art n Craft. I have thoroughly enjoyed conducting in-person and online workshops for audiences in India, USA, UK, Australia, Dubai. My workshop at Amazon HQ in Seattle demonstrated the ease with which art communicates with people from different countries and ethnicities. The learning and sharing process has been unique in each workshop and the participants’ ages have varied from age 8 to 80!
Places we'll visit
Your computer screen.
Items What the Host requires you to bring
- White Tissue paper, 6 sheets or more. Standard sized (large) sheets (which are used for packing garments/wrapping gifts etc). If possible, do cut 2 sheets to approximately A3 size
- Cellophane sheets (4-6) to lay beneath the tissue paper to protect the surface underneath
- Enough Plastic sheets or opened out used plastic bag/s - to lay beneath the tissue paper for ease in lifting the created Joomchi sheets
- Material to make Joomchi sheets. Anything which is textured and easily available. Great if this material carries a special memory or has a story. Some examples are: Dried flowers / leaves Spice powders like turmeric, red pepper, oregano, crushed coriander Spice / flower seeds like cumin, coriander- anything small
- Threads: coloured sewing thread reels, embroidery thread, wool
- A piece of fabric or old garment piece which can be cut into bits
- Paper strips with words on them/ advertisements from newsprint / magazine. Printed paper bits with meaningful text or illustration
- Coloured paper, packing paper
- Tinsel or glitter of multiple colours
- White twine / thick crochet thread, a small ball: ideal for the final project!
- For the glue: 1 cup self-rising flour, some sugar, water, spoon, ladle, pot, measuring cup, a wide bowl A wide brush to apply glue Scissors & paper cutter A few tooth-picks and ear buds A thick needle and thread for stitching or a paper stapler Clothes iron Rags to wipe
- Who can come Adults
- Activity level just enough
- Skill level beginner
Languages Primary Language : English
Private groups Does the Host accept Private Group : yes Private groups minimum size : 2 Private groups maximum size : 20
If you would like to request for alternative dates not currently showing in availability, please contact the host directly via private message